When there is a major Gas Leak in your house, it can be easily detected – because of the strong smell that emanates. You can then call in a professional such as Emergency Plumbers to Fix the Gas Leak in a timely manner. However, when gas leaks are minor, they are often unnoticed and thus have a detrimental effect on your health and can contribute to respiratory issues as well.
This is why it is important to have your gas lines checked for leakages regularly by a professional (every 6 months) Gas Fitter in Sydney.
WHAT TO DO WHEN DEALING WITH A GAS LEAK IN YOUR HOME?
If you have detected a Gas Leak in your home, Emergency Plumbers offers the following tips to deal with the situation in a secure manner:
- Your top priority must be to make your immediate environment safe! Turn off all the gas appliances and open up doors and windows to let in fresh air. If the rooms are not ventilated, you might pass out due to prolonged inhalation of the gas. When the gas is allowed to spread out, the risk of combustion and carbon monoxide poisoning reduces drastically.
- Do not use your mobile device within the house to call for help. You must also not unplug any of the electrical devices because the slightest spark can prove to be fatal. Just switch off everything and go out to a safe distance from your house to use your mobile phone to call a 24/7 Emergency Plumber to come and Fix your Gas Leak.
- This one may be obvious but it is still important to state: DO NOT TURN ON THE STOVE OR OVEN!
- Turn off the gas supplies from the mains. These can often be found at the front of the house.
- Warn your neighbours. Tell them about the Gas Leakage problem so that they too may take precautions to stay safe. In neighbourhoods where the houses are located close by, gas leakages can cause horrendous fires that go on for days. To prevent any such chain fires, you must inform your neighbours about the situation ASAP.
- Call Emergency Plumbers for help. Our Professional & Experienced Emergency Plumbers & Gas Fitters in Sydney are waiting for your call 24/7.
Emergency Plumbers has been in the business for over two decades and covers all aspects of the plumbing trade. Just call us at 0418232231 and we will be by your side in no time!