What to Do If You Suspect a Gas LeakGas has a distinct odor, somewhat like a rotten egg smell. If you can smell gas in or around your home, immediately:
- Open all the doors and windows
- Turn off the gas at the main and shut off all gas appliances
- Call an experienced plumber immediately
How to Conduct a Gas Leak TestIf you do suspect a gas leak, conduct the following easy gas leak test:
- Shut off all your gas appliances at the control point or pilot light
- Once you have the gas turned off, record the gas meter reading before you retire for the night. When you rise in the morning, check to see if the meter reads the same.
- If the number on your meter has changed, there may be a gas leak.
Areas Where a Gas Leak Might Occur
- Gas BBQ
- Gas Hot Water Heater
- Gas Oven
- Gas Heater
- Gas Stove
- Gas Metter
- Gas Bayonet Points
- Replacing or repairing your existing gas service
- Installing a new gas service
- Replacing old gas pipes
- Installing gas bayonets
- Replacing old gas meters
Why Choose Us?Simply put, we are the professionals you can count on with all your gas related plumbing needs. Our rates are affordable and our services are always first rate and our plumbers are fully licensed and experienced in gas plumbing issues. With years of experience in the plumbing industry, we have the expertise you can rely on for a job well done.
Contact Us TodayFor all your gas related plumbing solutions, contact Emergency Plumbers at
Call 1300 237 246 . We are the reliable pros in industry who always provide exceptional service at great prices.